• Werbung
MedPets - Die Online Tierapotheke
Sie besitzen selbst eine Hundehomepage? Dann nicht lange zögern! Werbeplatz buchen unter werbung@schutzhund-clickertraining.de

correct distance from the helper in the blind ?

Questions about clikertraining and the "schutzhund"-sport
Bild

Re: correct distance from the helper in the blind ?

Beitragvon Katrin + Kerou » Dienstag 13. Dezember 2011, 06:12

This in from Reinhard. I translate only for him.

The structure has two components

- the attitude towards the helper

- technical behavior

Shade's dog has enuogh attidude towards the helper, because he is works in french ring, too.
If you look at the work at/in the blind, you can see that the dog will bites the helper not only in the arm. He will have the helper and not the arm.

It will be very difficult to condition the dog to heuwinkl or glöcknermethode.
If I understood correctly, the dog is "still" ok, but you fear that this could not remain so.

I think that here the dog training concept for the known, which was successful, not just on such an experiment should be put at risk. I would work on a visual line, which must not exceed the dog, been working as heuwinkl or glöckner.

so you could throw out the deal of the arm and leave the dog in his already successful. large construction often do you get if you want to make a "small".

so I must detlef in the above-quoted text simply agree.

that would be so my thoughts on this.

greetings from Germany
reinhard
Katrin + Kerou

Beitragvon Katrin + Kerou » Dienstag 13. Dezember 2011, 06:21

My thoughts...

- barking at/for the ball (as Heuwinkl)
- secure with the leash
- strong helper !!!!, but with feeling for dogs. Very important.
- Spacers in front of the helper
- not only in the blind bark
- not confirm to the back, but against the dog.
- after 3rd times give you the ball the helper without Protective clothing

Very important are here people with a feeling for dogs. A strong helper, that the dog not gets stronger by a not strong helper, but a helper, which has a feeling for a dog.

... and if you want to use the clicker, then it is very important to click in the right moment. In your new video it was not every time correct. But for this exercise is that very important to click at the right moment.
Katrin + Kerou

Beitragvon DenniK » Dienstag 13. Dezember 2011, 09:34

The structure has two components

- the attitude towards the helper

- technical behavior

Shade's dog has enuogh attidude towards the helper, because he is works in french ring, too.
If you look at the work at/in the blind, you can see that the dog will bites the helper not only in the arm. He will have the helper and not the arm.

It will be very difficult to condition the dog to heuwinkl or glöcknermethode.
If I understood correctly, the dog is "still" ok, but you fear that this could not remain so.

I think that here the dog training concept for the known, which was successful, not just on such an experiment should be put at risk. I would work on a visual line, which must not exceed the dog, been working as heuwinkl or glöckner.

so you could throw out the deal of the arm and leave the dog in his already successful. large construction often do you get if you want to make a "small".

so I must detlef in the above-quoted text simply agree.

that would be so my thoughts on this.

greetings from Germany
reinhard
[/quote]

Katrin (or Reinhard) could you please send me the original German text? I fear that I do not really get what Reinhard suggests here... 1-thanx
Die Annemarie und die Denni

Lernen ist wie Rudern gegen den Strom. Hört man damit auf, treibt man zurück.
DenniK
Ausgewachsenes Rudelmitglied
Ausgewachsenes Rudelmitglied

Bilder: 17
National Flagge:
GermanyGermany

Beitragvon shade whitesel » Dienstag 13. Dezember 2011, 17:22

Thanks again for everyone's thoughts! It is really wonderful to have so many opinions so that I can think about them and how they would apply to Reik. And also think how I will condition my pup.
Yes Katrin, my clicker timing is horrid in that last video! I am finding it very difficult to see past his huge head and chest to his back feet! I was using the mirrors behind the target but that is hard too. And then he gets frustrated with me, because I am clicking 2 different ways of getting his back feet on the target. Very annoying to him and to me.
Shade
shade whitesel
Neugeborener
Neugeborener

National Flagge:
United States of AmericaUnited States of America

Beitragvon gsdsch3v » Mittwoch 27. Juni 2012, 06:55

I have found that the distance is what I want to keep on that exercise so for me that piece is what earns the click. Sometimes I find it is to easy for us to work on to many pieces of the puzzle at once. Then the clarity for the dog suffers. Also if I have a helper who understands that the clicker is only a marker and not voodoo/black magic I can let them give the click from their better view point. They do need to remember that the click ends the exercise.
gsdsch3v
Welpe
Welpe

National Flagge:
United States of AmericaUnited States of America

Beitragvon Blue Luna » Dienstag 10. Juli 2012, 13:52

Hey Shade,

Can you report on new progress in your "distance - problem" ?

We are all curious here :bgdev:
Bild Bild
Bild
Oktober 2009
Blue Luna
Team-Mitglied
Team-Mitglied

Bilder: 81
National Flagge:
GermanyGermany

Vorherige

• Werbung