• Werbung
MedPets - Die Online Tierapotheke
Sie besitzen selbst eine Hundehomepage? Dann nicht lange zögern! Werbeplatz buchen unter werbung@schutzhund-clickertraining.de

It is exciting to see clicker training more accepted

Hot topics concerning dog-training
Bild

It is exciting to see clicker training more accepted

Beitragvon gsdsch3v » Freitag 3. Juli 2009, 05:19

It is really exciting to see clicker training becoming more accepted, espeicially in Schutzhund. When I started using it on my Schutzhund dog and military dog in the mid '90's in Kitzingen people looked at me like I had two heads. I still use it with my cross trained patrol narcotics dog Barbie in both the patrol and drug detection training. and with her son Claus who is in training. I find it is really beneficial in marking for the dog the precise part of an exercise the final response or alert behavior in narcotics work for example. It seems to really make the communication between dog and handler much more clear. It still hasn't really caught on with my fellow police dog handlers who still look at it as "that voodoo black magic stuff" :rofl:
gsdsch3v
Welpe
Welpe

National Flagge:
United States of AmericaUnited States of America

Re: It is exciting to see clicker training more accepted

Beitragvon Kerstin_B » Freitag 3. Juli 2009, 07:32

It is really exciting to see clicker training becoming more accepted, espeicially in Schutzhund. When I started using it on my Schutzhund dog and military dog in the mid '90's in Kitzingen people looked at me like I had two heads. I still use it with my cross trained patrol narcotics dog Barbie in both the patrol and drug detection training. and with her son Claus who is in training. I find it is really beneficial in marking for the dog the precise part of an exercise the final response or alert behavior in narcotics work for example. It seems to really make the communication between dog and handler much more clear. It still hasn't really caught on with my fellow police dog handlers who still look at it as "that voodoo black magic stuff" :rofl:

Oh well, seems like we're having the same problems all over the world... :whis_beisstischkante8kt:

I also love clickertraining for being precise and that special atmosphere. There is definitively a huge difference between a Click and a "Good girl!".

I use the clicker for almost all Obedience exercises and up till now it works out just great!

Hope to hear from you soon!
Liebe Grüße,
Kerstin & K-Lee

http://www.amira-caleigh-vom-sallenbusch.de
Kerstin_B
Altes Rudelmitglied
Altes Rudelmitglied

National Flagge:
GermanyGermany

Beitragvon Blue Luna » Freitag 3. Juli 2009, 11:05

I really believe that using the clicker so many years ago you've been watched at like an alien :irre:
In fact, today more and more people open their minds for this little thing, but there are still enough dog trainers who don't accept it :nixweiss:

I guess, that's because they do not understand the true magic of clickertraining.

It's a different (to me) between giving a command and saying "good girl" or waiting and providing an opportunity to my dog to find it out by herself.

By the way: your dogs are called Barbie and Claus? :rofl:
Why not KEN? :grinundwech:
Blue Luna
Team-Mitglied
Team-Mitglied

Bilder: 81
National Flagge:
GermanyGermany

Beitragvon gsdsch3v » Freitag 3. Juli 2009, 23:52

Claus came from the "C" litter. (also there is a little evil humor if you watch the film "rat race") We always joke about having the two in the patrol car together. Oh yeah and our sheriff's name is Ken. :lol:
gsdsch3v
Welpe
Welpe

National Flagge:

Beitragvon chaosqueen » Samstag 4. Juli 2009, 05:58

gsdsch3v hat geschrieben:Oh yeah and our sheriff's name is Ken. :lol:

You're joking, right?

:bgdev:

Nice to have you here - I guess we share the same sense of humour ;)

Oh..and by the way.. someone from the States honestly suggested to call my dog "Edelweiß" because she's from the E-litter..which made me think about "Erna"... :totlach:
chaosqueen
Junghund
Junghund

Beitragvon Goose » Samstag 4. Juli 2009, 18:50

I remember when I first went to a Dave Kroyer clinic. He uses the clicker as well.
But, because over here it is associated with a lot of fu-fu kind of training and is represented quite frequently in association with the kind of folks that have little real world insight, he chose to use the term "shaping" more frequently than clicker training.
Gisela und die Rasselbande!
Bild
November 2009
Goose
Welpe
Welpe

National Flagge:

Beitragvon Shirley » Freitag 28. August 2009, 21:18

I use the clicker in obedience, too.

It is the best way to become a team with his dog :gut: