• Werbung
MedPets - Die Online Tierapotheke
Sie besitzen selbst eine Hundehomepage? Dann nicht lange zögern! Werbeplatz buchen unter werbung@schutzhund-clickertraining.de

Introduction

Please introduce yourself before writing
Bild

Introduction

Beitragvon dexor » Samstag 21. April 2012, 20:21

Hello, I would like to introduce myself. I had trouble finding my way around as a seventy year old on this site. I would like to introduce myself, so I am trying to do it in English here, hopefully it works. I am german, retired and have lived in America since 1964. I had a a GSD when I was a teenager in Germany and trained him to SchH3 with V scores. Since my retirement I have been looking for a dog to repeat that success. Unfortunately I have not found a dog yet, I have three dogs that have no talent for the sport. I have attended a seminar with Karen Pryor and some others and have left behind the old training that I learned in Germany then. I met Shade Whitesel at a trail and she told me about this site, so I am hoping to learn more for when I get lucky to find a talented dog to really get serious with clicker training. Hopefully this works and I may look at the other sites not open to me yet. Gruss Rainer Schmid
dexor
Neugeborener
Neugeborener

National Flagge:
United States of AmericaUnited States of America

Re: Introduction

Beitragvon Blue Luna » Samstag 21. April 2012, 23:19

Hi Rainer,

Welcome to our community and thank you very much for your introduction! ac90024b

:welcome:

It's great to hear that you have followed Shade's recommendation and found our site. :yahoo:

Do you still speak or understand a little bit german? :gruebel:

Just have fun at schutzhund-clickertraining.de! :gut:

Regards,
the Admin

PS: you can read and write on the complete board now. But please write in english only in that english spoken area, the other areas are for the german language :nixweiss:
Bild Bild
Bild
Oktober 2009
Blue Luna
Team-Mitglied
Team-Mitglied

Bilder: 81
National Flagge:
GermanyGermany

Beitragvon dexor » Sonntag 22. April 2012, 16:19

Hi Blue Luna,
Thank you for the invitation, yes, I can still speak German, but my vocabulary is not good anymore, since I do not get the opportunity to speak German.
Rainer
dexor
Neugeborener
Neugeborener

National Flagge:

Beitragvon Blue Luna » Dienstag 10. Juli 2012, 13:49

Hi Rainer,

Why do you think that all of your dogs are'nt talented for the IPO sport?
What is the problem?
Are they ill or is there no motivation?
Do you have videos of them or their work?
Bild Bild
Bild
Oktober 2009
Blue Luna
Team-Mitglied
Team-Mitglied

Bilder: 81
National Flagge:
GermanyGermany

Beitragvon dexor » Samstag 21. Juli 2012, 16:57

Hi Blue Luna,

Thank you for your inquiry. I just did not have any luck buying puppies from Europe.
I liked Zender and wanted a puppy out of him, so my first puppy came from Belgium
he did not want to stay with me from the very beginning. I never seen a puppy that
wanted to run a way from me and people so much. Food or play did not work, so I became discouraged
and let him sit. I bought another Zender puppy from Austria she was so fearful when she arrived
that I called the breeder and he said it is normal that puppies are afraid. She was and still is a soft egg, not
for IPO and has severe allergies. The third pup is from Germany and the worst of them all, he was sick
as a puppy and then developed EPI. He is just barely alive, we cannot put enough weight on him despite
the powder and vitamins he gets every day. So he is not for IPO. My Belgium dog turned into having
high drive but fearful in protection. I have decided to practice my clicker skills on him without
expectations to compete. I have been reading on the forum, there is so much to learn here, thanks for being
on the net. I have sent in a question on the German side.

Rainer
dexor
Neugeborener
Neugeborener

National Flagge:

• Werbung

Zurück zu Introduction